[vdr] Re: Re : what is the status of DVB subtitles?

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 01:13:41PM +0200, Antti O Lammi wrote:

> I want to point out that teletext subtitles are DIFFERENT than used in
> finnish national broadcaster YLE, who transfer subtitles as bitmaps. But
> in this I have a problem; I can't even receive the PID where the subtitles
> are. Maybe a demux problem?

I had no problem receiving the subtitle data with dvbstream:

$ dvbstream -o PID > subtitle.stream

What do you mean you can't receive the pid? Do you get an error or
just no data? Make sure that there are subtitles coming or you won't
get any data. For my local cable provider YLE TV1 (pnr 17) sends
subtitles with pids 1027 and 1028. They might be the same for you.
Teletext pid is 2321.

I found a dvbsub program in dvbtools that tries to show DVB subtitles
with OSD. It doesn't work very well, but it did get some text to OSD
before I had to restart the dvb driver.

-jaakko