[vdr] Re: Linux DVB TS/PS Streaming

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Coates" <andy@bribed.net>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2002 6:59 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Linux DVB TS/PS Streaming

> > > That doesn't compile on my system, and the error it gets
> > someone else
> > > had, and was told to get the latest CVS (which then uses
> > newstruct), so
> > > back to square one.
> > >

> > What system (machine/OS) do you use?
>
> Debian, with the 2.4.19 kernel.
>
> FYI the DVB card I have is the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T.  I had problems
> originally using it, since the drivers wouldn't compile as above.  It
> was only when I used the latest CVS snapshot that everything fell into
> place.  As you can tell though, I'm limited to those apps using
> newstruct (dvbstream).

I'm also running 2.4.19 with no problems, but never tested Debian (using
Redhat).
One of the problems is WinTV Nova-T as it doesn't have a MPEG-decoder. This
means you have no OSD to control VDR. You can only control it by SVDRP-port
(e.g. using VDRADMIN) but this won't enable you controling streaming.

> I actually managed to get the dvbstream output through mplayer, but as
> mentioned originally I wanted a windows player that could take the
> multicast RTP feed.  Worst thing is, I can't even test multicast on my
> XP machine since it doesn't have java installed (which all the multicast
> testers seem to want).

As your problems are arising on ML you should watch the following thread:

ANNOUNCE: vdr-stream-0.0.3

Rene