[vdr] Re: OT: Browsers (was: Re: ANNOUNCE: VDRnews.de a site only for VDR)

Ulrich Petri wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Take a look at ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/etc/vdrnews.de.png to
> > see what my
> > Netscape 4.78 shows me: nothing but a black (well, actually
> > dark blue) page.
> > I wonder which of the 5 available stylings that is - maybe
> > "Black raven in a
> > bucket of coal"? ;-)
>
> Hi,
>
> i don't want to start a flamewar here or "teach" someone, but NS 4.x
> really is a piece of junk when it comes to CSS and the like, better get
> Mozilla >= 6.2 or NS 7 for that purpose.

A page that can't be viewed with _any_ browser is a page I see no need to visit.
It's the page's author's decision whether he wants to present his page to as
many people as possible or rather experiment with the latest "bells and whistles".

Klaus