[vdr] AW: Re: AW: dolby digital... surround...ac3...

> Von: Martin Theodor Grewe [mailto:m.grewe@gmx.de]
> Gesendet am: Montag, 4. November 2002 16:27
> An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [vdr] Re: AW: dolby digital... surround...ac3...
>

> Stefan Lang schrieb:
>
> >S/PDIF is the signal coming from J2 of the dvb-s, right?
> >Does it work with vdr 1.1.x?  It has nothing to do with the
> "-a" option?
> >If yes: I think that's the way, I want to do it. My DD amp
> only needs that
> >S/PDIF input, yes?

you should keep in mind that there is a difference between the normal digital PCM sound witch usualy comming from that S/PDIF and the special AC3 Mode (DVD and LiveAC3), in witch AC3 data are pumped to the digital out, that mode has to be implemented in vdr, 1.0.4 + ADDON patch has that, in the new 1.1.x it is still work in progress
(we are still speaking about the "internal" digital output of the dvb-s)

> But the SPDIF-signal from J2 has TTL-Level (0/5V), not SPDIF-level
> (-0,25/0,25V -> i guess).
> Be careful with this! I managed it by sending the signal through
> TOS-Link, a SPDIF-TTL to
> optical-konverter. Otherwise you need a "Spannungsteiler" or a small
> circuit converting the voltage.

just have a look at bashy´s page there is a small circuitry for this
(as i connected the s/pdif to my amp i did not know that and it worked fine, wich not means it will work with others)