[vdr] Re: DVB-C - Cable in the UK

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 17:48, you wrote:
> Gavin Hamill wrote:
> > Mind, if you actually have a DVB-C...
> > What sort of output is 'dvbtune -m' producing, for example?
>
> I have got a Siemens DVB-C card, and I've had a quick scan with the
> (win) application that came with it, but didn't get very far. It did
> *seem* to get a list of channel frequencies to scan from the network,
> but never found any signals.
>
> I've not tried 'dvbtune -m' because I assumed I also had to give it the
> frequency to tune to - and that's what I don't know.
>
> Steve

Search the DVB mailinglists for the dvbsak announcement, a library which has a
frequency scanner utility (give it a range to scan). It might take forever
:-) but it will find any used frequencies, and usually, when it finds one,
some of the metadata transmitted on that frequency announces all other
frequencies and settings. I guess its a good last resort kind of try :)

Cheers,
Dennis