[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Composite / S-VHS input ?

"Bläser, Lars" wrote:

> > Von: Klaus Schmidinger [mailto:Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de]
> > Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 6. November 2002 10:35
> > An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> > Betreff: [vdr] Re: Composite / S-VHS input ?
> >

> > I'm doing something similar with the MPEG2 encoder card (see
> > http://linuxtv.org/mpeg2/kfir.xml).
> > I use it to connect my Sky Digibox to VDR, and it works
> > pretty good. I'll soon release
> > the necessary VDR plugin, but before I do so I'll need to
> > implement the "unique channel ID"
> > stuff to make sure the EPG data is assigned to the correct channels.
>
> did you had a closer look at the drivers of that thing?
>
> [dream on]
> a funktion one would need, befor someone could write a Video-DVD writer plugin,
> is a realtime transcoding of non-DVD-conform dvb-material (a lot or most?) when recording, in the end you will always have a dvd ready file on disk wich you can cut and burn
> (transfer mode thrught the kfir)
> [dream off]
>
> or would it be possible to feed the fbas-out of the dvb-s to the mpeg2-encoder card to get dvd-ready material
> to use this, that recording-entry  will have to bound to one special dvb-s card and vdr  should be able to cut PS - would that be something for the future or are there other ways to get dvd-ready material direct to the disk (without timeconsuming convesion after the raw dvb material)
> imho without transcoding there is no chance to get a real video-dvd, but maybe there are only a few people that are realy interested in something like that (600 Euro for kfir and dvd-writer) or if we wait 1 year a new fast cpu could do that realtime in software

I don't know what all this "dvd-ready" stuff is about. I have implemented this only
so that I can use my VDR box to record from my Sky Digibox, and be able to view the
recordings like any other VDR recording (taken from the DVB cards). That's all I want,
and that's all my plugin does.

Klaus