[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-stream-0.1.0

At Wednesday 06 November 2002 22:08 DOm wrote:
> The Unicast Streaming works flawlessly ( for me )

Great

> The Multicast Streaming works good with mplayer as client ( compiled
> with --disable-live ) and even if the caching process seems to hang (
> the cache filling counter stops counting ;) ) after a little while the
> player begins to play the stream ( with no need to stop and restart
> streaming, as i reported in a previous mail ), sometimes errors appear
> in mplayer, something like "stream not seekable".

The stream is in fact not seekable, because it's a live stream ;)

> There are few problems:
> If i set fixed channel and change channel regardlessly, the client stops
> playing; if i return on the original streamed channel, the player resume
> playing, but some errors appear ( RTP packet sequence error ).

I'll check on this.

> There is a request:
> Is possible to use the "time shifting" capabilities of vdr in streaming
> patch? I try to explain with an example because of my limited knowledge
> of english.  :)
> Imagine I start to stream RAI1, the client plays RAI1.
> I would like to be able to change channel on the server to RAI2 ( on the
> same transponder of RAI1 ) while client(s) continues to view RAI1.
> Maybe ScienceFiction ;)

Try that with unicast, it works here (I constructed it that way because I
wanted that functionality as well) with vdr-1.1.15 and linux-dvb-2002-11-01
I do it quite often. I stream SAT.1 to my Computer and I watch Pro7 on the
TV set. When switching, the output on the client will be disrupted for a
short time (block artefacts for about 1/4 second).

> Maybe in my University Campus ;)
> I'm not able to use ffmpeg stream, can you post your ffserver.conf ?

I'll do...

> Thanks for this really great ( maybe not yet ;) ) plugin.

I'm working on it ;)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt