[vdr] Re: Composite / S-VHS input ?

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 11:12:35PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Gavin Hamill wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 10:34:33AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> Who said I was living in Germany ;-)

Ah ha :) So where abouts are you, just out of personal nosiness?

> I've quickly zipped together my current Sky plugin source and uploaded
> it to ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/etc/vdr-sky.zip. It's still very much
> under development. Just take a look if you like, to see how easy it is
> to connect any kind of MPEG2 Transport Stream source to VDR.

OK, I'm completely inept with C programming, but if I simply made a pipe
called /dev/video2, started VDR, chose a Sky channel and then ran

$ cat sometransportstream.ts >/dev/video2

should VDR play it? Or is there some v4l ioctl stuff going on that I'm
missing?

> I've written a Perl script that fetches the EPG data from Sky's web site
> and puts it into VDR's EPG ;-)

Oh you lovely man :)

Cheers,
A happier Gavin :)