[vdr] cAudio Plugin

Hi all (and especially Klaus, congratulations to the award),

I'm investigating on how a plugin could make use of the cAudio class to
process AC3 data and forward it via the dvb-s' internal SPDIF port.

So far the Audio class is working and I get the right calls, however I
have problems understanding:

        a) how I can make vdr prevent sending the regular PCM stream to
the card (while replaying a recording)
                my understanding is that all registered cAudio classed get
called which might lead to multiple audio outputs
        b) how I can obtain access to a class (or the device) to write my
processed AC3 data to the card
                my investigation on the AIO patch show that the processed
AC3 data is writton into a cFrame which is then
                forwarded via an AudioCallback function

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Regards,

Robert