[vdr] Re: PowerManagement in current VDR?

On Friday 08 November 2002 15:59, you wrote:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:

> > > VDR doesn't actively do anything in that direction.
> > > What exactly are you referring to?
> > >
> > > Klaus
> >
> > I think he is reffering to the dvb-driver. As announced yesterday, the
> > dvb-driver supports Powermanagment if I get it right. Would help to save
> > a lot of heat on 1.3 Cards I think.
>
> Ok, but what should VDR do about this?
> If VDR runs, it is tuned to some channel and the LNB power must be on.
> If it doesn't run, the LNB power is turned off by the driver, anyway.
>
> Klaus

Besides that I think that the Idea of that post was the question if the driver
supports it now, I think there is a way that vdr can do about it:
Maybe there could be a standby-mode of vdr , so drivers are not loaded and on
a recording the frontend will be called and the driver power on. Don't know
if it is worth the work , just an idea I had yesterday (don't have any coding
skills, at least just a littlebit).

Greets

Steffen