[vdr] Re: SCART status pin for turning the TV on

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steffen Barszus" <st_barszus@gmx.de>

> Sounds awfully. But wouldn't it be a lot easier to define the Power-Off
> Button of the TV as StandbyButton of the vdr (in case this feature will be
> implemented) and defining  user-keys on Buttons which switches the
> TV on ?

Hmm, I don't think so. This may lead to situations, where TV-set and VDR are
switched on and off alternately. (VDR is on,  TV is off -> press Key on
remote -> VDR goes off, TV goes on). I like the idea of integrated on/off
feature by using the SCART pin.

The Problem is to get reliable results by using standard ports (serial or
parallel) of the PC. IMHO, one would need a little circuit with separate
power supply (maybe from the computer's supply) to set the "correct"
voltages on the SCART pin. This is especially true in enviroments, where the
voltage is also used to set the aspect ratio. One may have success with
passive wires from PC-port to SCART, but this won't be reliable.

Some time ago, there was a post from "Thomas Breuer" saying that he wants to
develop an extension interface board for his VDR box. Maybe, it has some
stuff like this included...

Gretings,
Christian