[vdr] Re: ARM crash when watching the same channel as recording

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:22:05AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> When you record one channel and watch an other one live, the DVB card
> has less to do than when you watch the same channel as you are recording.
> That's because in the latter case the card has to actually record _and_
> replay at the same time. When doing so, using the OSD a little too intensively

Ah, I thought, the card does some buffering for at least one multiplex
cycle to spread it's work over the full cycle time.  So this was my
fault, because I don't know the internals of the card.

> may cause the ARM to crash.

Hmm, this happens to me even without doing anything with OSD.  :-(

> You can prevent your card from doing simultaneous recording and replay
> by commenting out the line
>
> #define DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE 1
>
> in dvbdevice.c. However, then you will _only_ be able to watch the channel
> you are currently recording.

I know that.  My current workaround is just not to watch the same
channel as recording.  ;-)

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker	mailto:rschiele@uni-mannheim.de

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --