[vdr] Re: How determine illegal channels

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 10:14, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > The next is that some radiostations I had in channels.conf had SID 0 and
the
> > frequency is the same there, the only thing that differs on that
> > radiostations are the Apid. I have solved it on give some SIDs on that
> > channels , hopefully don't break anything. Just want to report this one.
>
> Well, with a unique channel ID channels *MUST* have SIDs, otherwise they
can't
> be distinguished.

A lot of radio stations (mainly broadcast by Canal Plus) on the Astra
satellites are transmitted as separate audio streams within the same service.
Therefore, they have the same service ID, which will cause problems with VDR.

As far as I know, no EPG information is broadcast for these channels, so the
solution is to simply invent SID numbers for the radio stations.

Dave.