[vdr] Re: VDR on rank 2 of the Linux New Media Award

Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

> Alle 13:50, giovedì 7 novembre 2002, Klaus Schmidinger ha scritto:
> > _cooper_ wrote:
> > > Conratulations to Klaus Schmidinger and all developers of VDR,
>
> > > Congratulations, Klaus!
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > And thanks also to all the people who have contributed in various ways
> > to the development, testing and debugging of VDR, by writing patches and
> > plugins and - last but not least - _using_ VDR.
> >
> > Klaus
> Best Compliments!
>
> It would be nice to have a user counter like the linux counter.
>
> I feel that there is really MANY people using VDR.

Well, I also often wondered how many people out there actually use VDR...

I'd love to set up a user counter, but I'm afraid it might not be too
reliable, since everybody could simply register with a fake name, or
even if he/she doesn't actually use VDR. So we might end up with numbers
that don't really carry any meaning.

Does anybody know of a (simple) CGI script that implements such a counter?
If it's not too much to do, I could set one up to try it.

Klaus