[vdr] control vdr + mplayer

Hello,

I started experimenting with vdr (1.04) + mplayer. In general it works
fine, but the only things I can do is start and stop mplayer.
I find it annoying that I cannot even pause the replay (or ffwd).

My problem is that the vdr-server (and mplayer) is running on a machine in
the basement (you might have seen it in c't 23), lirc runs on a different
machine (or later on a small embedded device) which is
talking svdrp to vdr on tcp port 2001. So I cannot control mplayer via lirc.

I see two chances to control mplayer:

1) external solution: write a small server, that pipes the input it
recieves over the net input into stdin of mplayer

2) internal solution: integrate some more communication between vdr and
mplayer into vdr

I would prefer solution 2, as it seems more universal and cleaner to me.
But as I am not familiar with C++, I cannot do this by myself. And before
I start working on solution 1, I wanted to ask if anybody is already
working on solution 2 or if there are plans to integrate this in vdr.

I have not looked at vdr 1.1 yet, is there something like this in one of
its modules (Stefan ?) ?

bye, juergen

--
Juergen Schmidt   Leitender Redakteur/senior editor  c't magazin
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG, Helstorferstr. 7, D-30625 Hannover