[vdr] Kernel outcommand error 1

Hi!

I have been trying all day, basically, to get the latest drivers and
vdr 1.1.16 to run. It won't.

So here it goes;

The driver installs fine, no error making or installing, log says
"[kernel] commandrequest error 1" if i use make insmod. TV output on the
card shows the convergence copyright text.

Using dvbsak gives me random result, most of the time, there's no lock
on a ts.

So after a while, I continued with vdr, making showed no error. Running gives
me a black screen (the last time I tested vdr, I remember getting into
a key-definition/learning sequence, how to enable that?) and then there's not
much to do but to kill it.

Log says, when starting with ./runvdr
"[kernel] outcommand error 1" a couple of times.

So, maybe I need to enable something in kernel?

So, if anyone can give me a hint;

Is this
a kernel configuration problem,
a dvb driver problem,
a vdr issue?

I'm running Gentoo with kernel 2.4.19, gcc 3.2, dvb-c

Many thanks,

  Micael