[vdr] Re: Pinnacle pctv sat

----- Original Message -----
From: "Demeter Tibor" <tdemeter@net-working.hu>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 8:45 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Pinnacle pctv sat

> Hi Rene!
>
> Thanx for the fast reply !
> The one alternateive to use this card only the mplayer&DVBstream
> soulition or avalible some other program for the TV watching ?
> The mplayer& dvbstream soulition is too complicated for daily usage...

I don't know any Linux-DVB-software with software-based MPEG-decoding. All
proggies demand for the full-featured cards.

You could use VDR with VdrAdmin for easy recording and handling EPG-data and
MPlayer to playback the recordings.

For live watching you can follow the streaming plugin-development. I
currenly test it. Streaming a fixed channel by multicast and replaying it
with MPlayer (should also work with M$ MediaPlayer and Elecard-Plugin) seems
to work quite stable, but streaming the current channel (you can switch
channels with VdrAdmin) often breaks playback when switching the channel.

Rene