[vdr] Re: Is perl a better future for epg2timers.cxx?

Manfred Schmidt-Voigt wrote:
> [...]

True, but I'm sure that will be added soon.

To me, that plugin seems like a good way to go for VDR >= 1.1.

My only concern is: Is there possible trouble ahead with tvtv.de,
because the plugin uses the "FAST-Dazzle tv4me" interface?
Is that the reason why the author hides behind a nickname?
BTW: he uses parts of my epg2timers.cxx source code (which is
of course fine) and he never contacted me (which is fine, too,
but a bit unusual).

So, to get back to the original subject: if we decide to just keep
epg2timers around for a few more months until everyone has changed
from VDR <= 1.0 to VDR >= 1.1, I wonder if it's worth the trouble
to do the move to perl?

Carsten.