[vdr] Remote recommendations? (UK)

Hi all,

I'm setting up a VDR box for myself, and I'm a bit stuck on the remote
control.  I bought a long RS-232 cable with an IR receiver on the end, and
this seems to work with LIRC.

However, my chosen remote, a free ex-Apricot (a.k.a. Mitsibishi Electric)
'control your PC' thingumy, doesn't seem to work with LIRC.  I can get
'mode2' to do things, and 'irrecord' produces output, but it won't make me a
lircd.conf file, and I can't find any pre-created config. files.  :-(

I *assume* I'm not doing anything terribly wrong with LIRC, so I guess that
it just doesn't like my remote... so perhaps I'll buy a new one.

What would people recommend, that works with LIRC?  I'd like all the usual
VDR controls (TV viewing and recording), plus whatever controls the DVD
plugin uses (I'll install that later).  Oh, and I could do with something
that is easily available in the UK.

Any UK people here with VDR/LIRC setups?

Thanks,
--
Richard.

"Take these broken wings and learn to fly all your life."