[vdr] Re: distribution

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> From: "Stefan Reinauer"

> > * Rene Bartsch  [021125 13:45]:

> > > I don't like SUSE as they have weird names and paths for
> configuration-files
> > > and YAST overwrites all settings made manually.
> >       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > One of the myths that keep going since SuSE 5.x... This problem should
> > be fixed since a while ;)
>
> I like RedHat as it is stable and provides everything necessary,
> especially
> since GCC3.2 and online-updates.

Please guys, no distri wars.

Thanks,
Juri

PS: @Martin: Also good are Gentoo and, of course, Debian.
    For beginners I can recommend SuSE, RedHat or Mandrake. If you
    already have some expierience then go with Gentoo or Debian.
    If you still don't know, just download them (all are downloadable
    for free, except SuSE [sorry, Stefan, no offense]) and try them out.

     then each of us still has one object.
     then each of us now has two ideas.