[vdr] Re: MPlayer v0.90pre10 and subtitler

> SB> On Wednesday 04 December 2002 17:50, you wrote:
> >> ppl please if someone know how to do this write me, cant belive nobody
> >> know this i have tried a lot of thing but no sucess no subtitler out
> >> truth dvb card onyl audio and video
>
> SB> Hmm you have to adapt your mplayer.sh in order to do this, since
> SB> 1) you have to load the subtitle-file
> SB> 2) you have to use -vop expand=.... with the fifth value at 1 to enable
> OSD => SB> subtitles trough mpegpes(dvb)
>
> well i load first DVB driver then type this
> mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -vop lavc, expand=720:576,scale 720:400
> -sub somesub.sub someavi.avi

have you read this :
SB> 2) you have to use -vop expand=.... with the fifth value at 1

so try :
mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -vop lavc, expand=720:576:0:0:1,scale 720:400
 -sub somesub.sub someavi.avi

> i got audio and vidoe but subtitler no and when starting mplayer it
> sez that it get subtitles line ***, subrip format etc, but there is no
> subtitler on tvout,

see above, no wonder. Maybe you should dig in the Docs, (aka RTFM ;) )
From the Mplayer-docs:

"For OSD and subtitles use the expand feature of the OSD plugin. So, instead
of expand=w:h or expand=w:h:x:y, use expand=w:h:x:y:1 (the 5th parameter :1
at the end will enable OSD rendering). You may want to move the image up a
bit to get a bigger black zone for subtitles. You may also want to move
subtitles up, if they are outside your TV screen, use the -subpos <0-100>
switch to adjust this (-subpos 80 is a good choice)."

> and other thing is that i cant get all character
> that are in iso 8859-2 like ŠšŽž i only get _ _ _ _ when this caracter
> comes and this working fine ĐđČčĆć.

maybe the wrong font ? have you tried another ? have you tried
--enable-freetype ? However this dont belong to vdr at all, this is all an
mplayer(-dvb) issue.

Greets

Steffen
--