[vdr] Re: channel switching and EPG

> > if you change the channel, it takes some time to tune. (of course).
during
> > this time the EPG data of the momentarily tuned channel is shown.
wouldn't
> > it be better to show the EPG data of the channel you are switching to.
(if
> > there is no data available than show nothing.)
> >
> > eg. you're watching pro7 and switch to rtl. you press the "channel up"
and
> > the EPG of pro7 is shown. but what i would like to see is the epg of
rtl.
> > because this is what interests me (that's why i switched ;).
> >
> > what do you think of that?
>
> Have you tried VDR 1.1.19 yet (where channel switching is done in
> a separate thread)?

yes. same "problem" here.

but i think this is not a bug, it's a feature. no joke. i guess it's my
fault. it's just when you enter numbers to jump to a channel, VDR waits for
some time for maybe on more number, and after that it jumps to that channel.
during that time the epg of the current channel is displayed.

sorry to disturb you. my fault....

servus hannes!

Johannes Schoeller
schoeller@izeman.net