[vdr] Re: vdr1.0.4+CI/CAM do a slow vdr

Hello Patrick,

>>  >I'm using vdr from a long date.
>>  >Recently, i try an AstonCryptv1.05 module and a friend card, but when i
>>  >start vdr with it, vdr is really very slow with both lirc or kbd.
>>  >Does somebody have a solution or an explanation of this ?

PG> Astoncrypt isn't working very well with Convergence Driver. I had to
PG> program a loop (installing/removing/waiting 10sec) until ASTON string
PG> appears in the log (after enabling some DEBUG messages in driver code to
PG> see the messages).

PG> If ASTON Cam is not recognized at startup, VDR is slow and no encrypted
PG> channel can be displayed.

I have exactly the same behavior with my Viaccess Redline
(1.0 V481,Application V1.05.001, P/N: 902532 ) here in Sweden.

I understand that this is probably a firmware issue? Could it also be
a driver issue (available for someone like me to have a go at it)?

PG> The last time I tested Convergence driver it locked up on half French
PG> CanalSatellite channels (using SECA2 card).

PG> Now I am using modified Convergence driver with TT firmware
PG> (http://www.linuxdvb.tv)  and VDR v1.04 to be able to record Canal+ or
PG> CanalSatellite broadcasts.

What's the drawback of using this driver compared to the current cvs
one? Any major things that will be lost?

PG> Patrick.

 Micael