[vdr] [linux-dvb] Re: Timing recording

Hello,
I do have one question about what you are planning to do.

You what to scan the stream for a frame similar to one that
is somewhere in a database.
If one special frame is found the recording is started.
If another one is found the recording is stopped.

Correct?

I believe this isn't a good solution and it's not worth the
effort.

When I think of my favourite series, most of them have the
following structure
- start with a little sequence
- then the "Vorspann" is shown
- the main part of the serie
- "Abspann" is shown
- sometime a additonal goodie is shown

since the first part is allways different, the programming
will start (hopefully) with the "Vorspann".
So you will miss the little sequence before the "Vorspann".
Am I right?

If you are planning a methode that handles the typical
structure of such a serie, your solution is worth to be
realized.
If not ...

Gerhard