[vdr] Re: PANIC !!! Cant see fta/ca after using ci

El Vie 20 Dic 2002 15:22, escribió:
> Hi Luis,
>
> Which version of the CI Module do you have? I forgot
> to mention that the Rev of the CI PCB MUST be 1.4 or
> smaller. CI Version 1.6 doesn't seem to work with the
> Convergence drivers.

Dont know the version, I will check as soon as I get home.

> Hmm, that is strange. I assume you powered down to
> remove the CI Modul (not necessary for the CAM
> or the card). Are you saying that a new boot & a reload
> of the DVB drivers (and VDR) doesn't allow you to
> see *any* channels?

You are right, I shutted down the machine, unplugged the mains and then
removed the CI, even unplugging the CI and doing a reboot did not solved the
problem.

> Do you have the possibilty to stick the DVB card in
> a Windows machine and use the original Winsoft?
> I am asking you to try this to see whether your DVB
> card (hardware) is okay or not.

No windows at home, I will check on a friends win box as soon as I can.

> When booting linux & vdr, do you see anything on the
> TV? The Convergence copyright for example?

Yes, I see the convergence copyright and I can use the vdr pluggins. I can
also switch the channels and I can hear the sound of the tuner on the
switching, but all I get is the name of the channel (always fta regardless I
have the CI attached or not) and a blank screen.

> You did remember to reconnect the antenna and the
> CVBS cables? Sorry if this is obvious, but it's easy
> to overlook something like this (esp if you are in
> panic mode).

Of course.

Can it be aproblem with the firmware, I have even tried to reinstall both vdr
and drivers?
Anyone have ever had the same problem?

Luis