Van: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] Namens
Helmut Auer
Verzonden: zaterdag 21 december 2002 16:19
Aan: vdr@linuxtv.org
Onderwerp: [vdr] Re: VIA C3 800Mhz

Helmut Auer wrote:

>This is definitely true, because for playing DivX with VDR the DivX
>files must be transcoded on the fly to MPEG2
>and therefore you need a powerful CPU. For replay on a PC-Monitor with
>an DivX player a Celeron 533 should also be enough,
>but thats not what he's looking for :-)

I'm not interested in creating or using divx.
The unit uses a DVD-RW drive well, still need to be done :-)

Btw:

The PentiumIII at 600Mhz is faster then the Via C3 800Mhz.
Don't be fooled by the speed difference, the different architecture
is what makes the VIA C3 slower. Even the celeron 700 runs indeed
faster.

But, I just want to be able to record properly and save it as mpeg data.

Stefaan

as subject.