[vdr] Re: VIA C3 800Mhz

On Saturday 21 December 2002 15:54, Steffan Barszus wrote:
> [...]

(celeron/PIII/athlon
>whatever) if it reaches the power. The C3 has nearly no acceleration as
the
>others, so the C3 533 isn't even enough for playing DVD back on screen
(with
>DVB-card it is possible to watch DVD with it, because the mpeg2 can be
feeded
>to the DVB).

>So the statement isn't false. divx will playing better on a C3 800 then
on  a
>166MMX. ;) But the C3 is not enough for smooth playback. Of course you
can
>try to use the tv-out of the epia board instead of feeding it to the
DVB.
>Then the C3 should be enough.

	Well, I would use at least the C3 800Mhz and not lower.
	The board intended is the epia M9000 which has Mpeg2 decoder on
board
	so it would be nice if DVD playback would use this decoder or
the Mpeg decoder
	on the DVBs card. (Technotrend/Hauppauge v1.3)

	I have no intention to convert the mpeg stream to any other
format to save space.
	The device must be able to play a DVD smoothly tho and
record/play mpeg data from the
	DVBs card without artifacts/interruptions.

	This should be no problem since there are two mpeg decoders
available.
	I wonder if the DVD player is able to use the on board decoder
or does it use only
      software decoding?

      btw : thanks to all who have posted an answer. Great job.