[vdr] Again: wakeup on VIA EPIA board

Hi,

I'm still unhappy about the wakeup possibilities of my VIA EPIA-5000 board.

Setting the wakeup time in the BIOS setup results in a correct wakeup -
but:

- nvram-wakeup doesn't work because although the wakeup time is in bytes
  0x72 and up it seems static, and no wakeup day there.
- the set_timer script from the nvram-wakeup CVS works somehow but is
  utterly confusing because it fiddles with the system time which isn't
  always reset correctly on boot. And it needs to keep RTC wakeup enabled
  permanently, and if the system time isn't corrent the machine will wake
  up inadvertently from time to time.
- the RTC wakeup time (in /proc/drivers/rtc) appears to be a constant
  (23:59:59, and no wakeup day there). This time must be there from an
  earlier manual setting but it doesn't change whatever I do.

WTF does this board store the wakeup time?

- the SuSE 8.0 and 8.1 kernels do have some ACPI but writing the wakeup
  time to /proc/acpi/alarm always results in a freeze of the machine.

- has somebody found out whether and how wake-on-LAN works? There is no
  apparent BIOS setting. My fileserver runs 24x7 so that could be a
  workaround.
- do I have to write a small program to set the RTC wakeup time ... ?

--
Scientists are people who build the Brooklyn Bridge and then buy it.
		-- William Buckley