[vdr] Re: Testers Wanted

On Sunday 22 December 2002 13:37, you wrote:
> Hi Steffen, all,
>
> >> to know what I have changed, here is a list (I'm doing this
> >> from memory, so I hope I didn't forget anything)
> >
> >Wow .  Hope this will run stable.
>
> I haven't had any crashes ;o)), but that is one of the
> reasons I want others to test it. The OSD for the
> SignalInfo works, but it isn't quite the way I want it
> to be (yet). This is a problem of the DVB hardware
> as you can only show one OSD at a time (so I have
> to be "quicker" than Klaus'  ShowInfoOnChannelSwitch :o))
> However, Klaus wanted to change the behavior of the
> ShowInfo OSD.
>
> >Will small fonts, symbols and so on too be in it ?
>
> "I" wanted to add it (esp symbols), but Klaus would rather
> have this as a plugin function.

I think at least symbols is used very often and should go in the original
code. The small fonts are very nice for big screens (normal 70 cm tv-sets)
and makes all very readable. The colors I don't like, I prefer the normal
colors a littlebit darker then original,

> If people are interested, I
> would try to insert the AIO into the code directly (i.e
> no patchwork). However, I would like to do this after
> I port it to the 1.1.20 I'm not sure how much work this
> is, as the AIO wasn't stable in my case either (with all
> options enabled, that is) Symbols and small fonts
> presented no problems (IIRC). The calendar patch
> (which I liked) didn' work and either the colorbars
> or the progressbars presented massiv problems which
> usually lead to a nice SegFault ;o))

Calendar I couldn't get to compile so I don't know at all what this is.
Preferable interested am i in the small fonts, symbols == the nice shaped
OSD.

> While I have your attention, is the list below missing
> anything (AIO patches)?:
>
> - Symbol Patch
interested in

> - Progressbar Patch
don't know nevere had it running

> - Infochanneldisplay Patch
interested in

> - Color Patch
will never use it ( couldn't be the colors put in variables and defined in the
setup.conf  ?)

> - Colorbutton Patch
what does this exactly do , the light darker colors ? (I don't like the
original cyan ;) )

> - CALENDER Patch
see above

> - Small Fonts Patch
definitly interested in

> - ShowLengthOfRecordings Patch
would be good

> I know there is a LNBSharingPatch, but my Rev
> 1.6 DVB doesn't have a loop through (and I only
> have one LNB in my room ;o)) , so I have no way
> of testing this, if it will work at all with the Plugin
> versions of VDR.

Isn't needed anymore I think , am i right ? And then it should be a plugin.

^

--
counter.li.org : #296567.