[vdr] Re: Patch for New driver + Old Firmware + Remote Control Plugin

Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > due to problems with RTL recordings, some of you might have
> > switched back to the old firmware. If you want to use the built-in
> > remote control port of the DVB-S together with the Remote Control
> > plugin, you have to apply the following patch to the driver:
> >
> > Notes:
> > (1) This patch should only be applied, if you use
> >     *new* driver + *old* firmware + built-in remote control port.
> >
> > (2) The autorepeat function of the remote control works with the
> > old firmware.
>
> hello,
> what firmware do you use?
> I tried Root 2002-08-30 and get endless repeats of keys,
> and with an earlier version imidiate hangups (Caps + Scroll LEDs
> blinking)

Hm, did you forget to replace 'Dpram'?
If Root and Dpram do not match, the driver will probably crash.

I'm using the following firmware files:

254324 Apr 15  2002 Root
   288 Apr 15  2002 Dpram

After checking my archive I found that all *old* drivers from
June - October 2002 contain these files.
IMHO the firmware of the old driver has not changed since April, 15th.

How to replace the firmware:
- cd DVB/driver/av7110
- replace Root *and* Dpram
- apply the remote control patch (if needed)
- cd ..
- make clean
- make

That's all.