[vdr] Re: Patch for New driver + Old Firmware + Remote Control Plugin

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> > Did you recompile the driver after changing the firmware:
> > make clean
> > make
>
> I go even deeper. After installing a new DVB driver I always do:
>
> make clean
> manually kill all devices in /dev/dvb
> search for any loose "Root" files >1kbyte
> delete folder /usr/local/src/DVB
> copy new stuff there (I don't use symbolic links) & do a
>
> make
> ./makedev.napi
> make insmod

That's overkill. It's sufficient to delete av7110_firm.h. :-)

> > If autorepeat does not work, you have a *new* firmware.
> Autorepeat works great!

Ok, you've got an old firmware.
Argh, now I understand why you modified the plugin.
You fixed the autorepeat problems in the plugin.
For me that's not the way to go. If the driver is generating
clean input events this is not necessary. Try the patch!

> > As you know this plugin is able to control multiple input devices.
> > Therefore, a setup menu must be able to configure each device
> > separately.
>
> Haven't done that yet ;o)) What I have added is:
>
> Firmware selection (standard / other)

See above. If the driver is working correctly, this is not necessary.

> Polldelay
> Repeatdelay
> Repeatfreq
> Repeattimeout
> Restore Standard Values
> (as the remote becomes unusable, if you increase the values too much
> ;o))

> I'm not sure we even need to be able to change ALL the values above.
> What parameters did you (plan) on adding to the setup?

Repeatdelay and Repeatfreq, perhaps Repeattimeout.
Needs more testing.

Oliver