[vdr] Re: Keyword search in EPG ??

On Friday 27 December 2002 10:52, you wrote:
> Hi..
>
> I do not have a vdr, but i find the idea very interesting.
>
> I have been wondering about something.
> Is it possible to make a keyword search for the EPG ??
>
> The idea is to enter a list of keywords, like names of movies, or other tv
> programs.
> Or maybe even names of actors ? (i do not know whats in the EPG)
> something like this :
>
> red dwarf
> walter mathau
> frasier
> cheers
> pride and prejudice
>
> Then let the computer look every day (?) in the EPG to see if a keyword is
> there.
> If so, then automaticly record this program.
>
> This way you won't mis your favorite tv progams :-)
>
> Is something like this difficult to make ??
>
> Thanks :-)

No. It is indeed written and you can download it :))) It called (AFAIR)
Mastertimer. You can give via regular expressions rules what should be
recorded. Since I have only limited hd-space (5-7h) its not so usefull for
me, so anyone other including the author can help you more than me.

Greets

Steffen

--
counter.li.org : #296567.