[vdr] Re: Time jumps

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Florian Steinel (FS) wrote:

FS> Sergei Haller wrote:
FS>
FS> >does someone have more information on the transmitted time stamp?
FS>
FS> Do you mean
FS> - PDC? ()
FS>    (transmit hours, minutes seconds)
FS>   (ETSI EN 300 231 V01.03.01)
FS> - Teletext - E.14 Real-time clock Page Header Packets
FS>   (transmit hours, minutes seconds)
FS>   (ETSI EN 300 706 V01.02.01)
FS> - SI TDT  UTC Time (Page 23 ff)
FS>    (ETSI EN 300 468 V01.04.01)

I was talking about the one transmitted via EPG (?) and used by VDR to set
the system time. Anyway, it seems that it is exact up to a second.

FS> > - which format does the time stamp have? does it include microseconds (I
FS> >   doubt it makes sense to transmit them because of the different lengths
FS> >   between the sat and the dish depending on the geographic location, but
FS> >   who knows?
FS> >
FS> As for the above standards, no microsecs.

yes.

FS> > - how accurate is the time stamp within one transponder?
FS> >   does it jump back and forward?
FS>
FS> It should not, but how knows?

I think, we should expect continuous time source and rely on that. If it
turns out to be not reliable, we'll have to do something about it...

c ya
        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\