[vdr] Re: Patch for New driver + Old Firmware + Remote Control Plugin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rene Bartsch" <vdr@bartschnet.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 1:22 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Patch for New driver + Old Firmware + Remote Control
Plugin

> But I have a lot of trouble.
>
> When using patch and Root/DPRAM from 15-April-driver, the keyboard works
> fine with the repeat function.
>
> But when using the remote I get a: "av7110_emit_key: unknown key 0xXX"
where
> XX is the code of the pressed key.
>
> While recording, nothing happens, but while simply watching VDR restarts.
>
> Any idea? (VDR-1.1.17)

I did some tests and had to realized that the "unknown key" messages were
caused as I've loaded my remote-keymap by runvdr.
After uncommenting that line, RC works well, but VDR still restarts after a
few seconds of running. There even aren't the usual startup-messages from
VDR in /var/log/messages.

With the plain linux-dvb.2002-11-01 driver/firmware it works relatively
stable, but no RTLX.

Rene