[vdr] Re: Found a really CRAZY solution for the RTL problem

Hi all,

Let me tell you why I think this mod works:

It IS a firmware bug and one of the reasons it is here,
is because the CAM engine and firmware of the DVB
drivers has been neglected too long.

The AV711x chip can decrypt on its on. The video stream
triggers this bug. The ARM seems to find it necessary to
decrypt the stream and waits for the correct key. It never
finds one (as this is an FTA channel) and so the screen
remains black (just like trying to record PW w/o a CAM
and a card)

My trick just tells the ARM, hey, don't do any decrypting,
let the CAM do the work. Obviously, the CAM does
absolutely NOTHING (which is why you don't need an
inserted subscriber card) as it is a FTA channel, but it DOES
tell the ARM here is your "decrypted" stream. Which is why,
in my opinion, it works the way it does. It just prevents the
buggy firmware from being triggered.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---