[vdr] Re: Found a really CRAZY solution for the RTL problem

Hi Reinhard,

I think you somehow misunderstood the first part of my message.

*You* mentioned that the screen goes black without the cam trick:
> > Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> > > While I can't say if I *really* tested this (I seem to remember
> > > that neither worked), the screen always went black (definately
> > > true in my case) if I tried to record RTL. No audio (except for
> > > maybe 1 sec) and no video. This is no longer the case. VDR

Then *I* tried to explain why the screen gets black (firmware bug):
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Of course: The screen goes black because the firmware no longer
> > accepts data to be *displayed* (transfer mode!).
> > Nevertheless, recording works fine. You might see lots of ring buffer
> > overflow messages because ringbuffer of the transfer thread is full.
> > A recording done this way cannot be replayed with the new firmware,
> > but plays without problems with the old firmware...

I hope it's clear now.

Oliver

BTW:
Please do *not* start a new thread by replying to another thread.
You broke the thread "Kernel panic: ...".
Use "New email" to create a *new* thread.
Use "Reply" to create a message *within* a thread.

If you enable "Ansicht|Aktuelle Ansicht|Nachrichten nach Thema sortieren"
you will see immediately what I mean and it will be easier to follow the
threads.

Thx.