[vdr] Re: power on by IR?

> Hello,
> I am searching for a solution to power on my machine by IR.
>
> I know, that there is the solution from Peter Seyringer.
> Unfortunatly his page is not reachable.
>
> One other solution I found is from Thomas Breuer, but I
> think this is a little overkill.
>
> Does anyone know a small solution only to power on my
> computer by IR, since power off is done by nvram-wakeup.

I don't know the other solutions, but I use a  IR-Keyboard
additional to the IR-Remote Control (cheap thing, I believe it was
29,- Euro by german "Conrad". It has a IR-Receiver
wich is connected to the PS/2 Port (Mouse+Keyboard). So I have
a full Keyboard if I need one. Useally I don't use it, but the code of
the space-key is in my remote control (by learning). The BIOS does
Power-On by key pressing (most modern BIOS does). So if I press
this key on my RC - the machine is booting...

--

Uwe Weissbach