[vdr] Re: How to delete "now" the recordings?

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:35:00PM +0100, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:26:51PM +0100, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
>
> > Ups. Forgot that. VDR has never had to delete any recording for me.
> > (Deleting the recordings is part of my cutting-process)
>
> And you never delete your cuted recording?

    mkisofs -J -r -o "$targetimage" "$1" && sync && rm -rfv "$1"

> Strange ;-)

There is nothing strange. I've got about 1 TB of recordings. DVD-R is
great. :-)

> > With only one command before the other two you delete all symlinked
> > files. The ".rec"-dires are empty after that and will be deleted by the
> > last command.
> >
> > find /video -type l -printf %l\\n | xargs rm -f
>
> I don't understand that part: I'll use sed then, thank you very much.

That part is quite easy. But in this form incorrect.

See the command from my other mail, which is correct.

The first "find" findes all directory with ".del" in it's name. Foreach
directory another find is issued that finds all symlinks (-type l) and
'printf's the target of the symlink. xargs calls rm with all resolved
symlinks. This deletes all symlink-targets in all directorys with a
".del" as the last part of it's name.

Bis denn