[vdr] Re: Keyboard does not work in Background with 1.1.20

Hello Klaus,

Am Sonntag, 05.01.03 um 23:40 Uhr schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> Achim Lange wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ray,
>>
>> Am Sonntag, 05.01.03 um 21:21 Uhr schrieb Ray Glendenning:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I had this same problem and resorted to using the remote plugin which
>>> works
>>> as expected with keyboards.
>>>

>> Thank you for your quick response. The remote plugin did it.
>>
>> Anyhow I would prefer to not use another plugin for something that vdr
>> should
>> be able to do without additional plugins or patches.
>>
>> So, if someone has a hint how to do it with "pure" vdr, I would love
>> hear :)
>
> If you run a program in background it can't be controlled via
> the keyboard any more. If you try, the program will be stopped
> every time it attempts to read from the keyboard.

This worked pretty well with older versions of vdr-1.1 and vdr-1.0

I want to start vdr/runvdr from a script in /etc/init.d when the system
comes up.
I disabled the getty on tty1 and started

vdr --terminal=/dev/tty1

and with the remote-plugin it also still works.

Or did I get you wrong here?

ciao,

	Achim