[vdr] Re: VPS

On Thursday 09 January 2003 11:49, you wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> >>
> >> Correct - but you cannot use it for programming more than - say - 1 or 2
> >> days ahead. People who are used to using Showview would feel better.
> >> They copy a number from the magazine to the remote and are done.
> >
> >Yep, that is really fast.  Nevertheless a more dynamic access of the
> >EPG data would be also a way.  In other words: By a given TITLE
> >and DAY it should be possible to determine the start and stop time.
> >This would be a nice way to catch variating starting times of some
> >series.  @Klaus: This may require some changes in the timer code
> >and a key word as replacement within the start/stop times.
>
> Has there been any discussions about a feature that would allow you to
> always record a given show at any day? Like "always record Simpsons, any
> day". I know the TiVo has such a feature.

Isn't that the reason for master-timer ? I don't see the use for an in-vdr
mastertimer, since I would never ever try to type with my ir-remote. Maybe if
sometimes someone has wrote a T9-similar typing solution based on the EPG as
word-book. And I really need some big hd's to have a use for it at all ;)

--
counter.li.org : #296567.