[vdr] Re: Master timer?

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:

>Let's say that different people have different views. In my world a
>"couch-potatoe"-interface is MUCH to inefficient to be a solution for
>any but the smallest "problems" (=Channel switching, "What's running
>currently" ...) or in other words the "classic" TV-Problems.
>
>Things like recording a whole series only have to be configured once but
>with much to many information than can be entered with a TV-Remote in an
>efficient way.

I understand your point,a nd it sure is a valid one. But what extra info
do you need to input than "Record this show now and forever".

>But i won't hold anybody back. If someone builds a VDR-Frontend of
>Master-Timer i would'nt through stones in the way. :-)

:) I'm trying to get to know the VDR source, and it's not that impossible.
Plugins seem really fun to write, but I don't think such a thing would be
best as a plugin. But then, what do I know (yet).

--
Somewhere around the place I've got an unfinished short story about
Schroedinger's Dog; it was mostly moaning about all the attention the cat