[vdr] Re: Mux A / Channel 5 UK DVB-T broken with VDR, dvbstream works...

In article <5.2.0.9.2.20030109162929.023aa510@localhost>,
   Gregor Lawatscheck <gpel@mpex.net> wrote:
> At 08:35 09/01/2003, you wrote:
> >> Are you all blaming your tuning or is it just that no one else can
> >> reproduce this problem?
> >
> >I assumed it was an antenna problem, as my setup is not ideal.

> Do you also notice "buffer empty" messages in the message log?

Not especially. I get a few, but same on other channels. Watching C5 ATM
picture is pretty stable with the occasional glitch. I'm seeing

ERROR: skipped 127 byte to sync on TS packet
ERROR: ring buffer overflow (61 bytes dropped)

and similar messages.

I have noticed that A/V sync deteriorates badly on C5

> I have also blamed the occasional blips on other channels to be tuning
> problems but now come to realize that these are related to a "buffer
> emtpy" message in the log. For say the BBC transmitter (error rate at 50
> :) those are just single pictures that flicker.

Possibly, but I've not noticed that. Generally other channels are stable
here, although I do have trouble switching channels at times, which seems
related to time of day or weather conditions - that is why i think antenna
is suspect.

Andy

--
A. Top posters.