[vdr] Re: ORF?

Hi Harald!

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Harald Milz wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> this has been asked before but I got no answer yet. The ORF{1,2} channels
> not being FTA, is there any way to (legally) receive them? They are on my
> analog cable but over time I would rather get rid of the cable because I
> can't DVR it :-)

Yes, it is possible to receive them legally.

1. Get the CI-Extension for your DVB-Card.
2. Get a CAM which supports Betacrypt.
3. Get an ORF smart-card.

ad 2. Please be aware, that ORF will switch within 2003 the
encryption-system.

ad 3. Currently it is not possible to get an smart-card from ORF, due to
the switch of the encryption-system.

Georg
--
 Georg Hitsch     ++ mail: georg@hitsch.at