[vdr] Re: vdr1.1.20 and console input

On Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2003 11:45 Thomas Erdmann wrote:
> Hello,
> in my vdr the console i/o isn't functioning. I start
> a script in etc/inittab which calls runvdr. Here i
> give the -t /dev/tty6 to vdr and it sends its output
> to tty6 correctly, but no input to control vdr is
> possible. I compiled vdr with REMOTE=LIRC
> and the the doc files said that dual control by LIRC
> and keyboard is the default.
> I need tty input for the console plugin.
> There is no other process configured for /dev/tty6.
> Who knows a solution ?

Me, maybe ;)

You have to compile vdr with NO_KBD=1 if you use
the console plugin. Then -t will work. If you want
remote control from keyboard (additionally to LIRC
as well, you have to give special options to the
plugin.

Try reading the READMEs of the plugins you install ;)
The process is described in the one from the console-
plugin.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt