[vdr] Re: OT: a rant regarding DVB-C cards

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> My Hauppauge has only composite out, and it is a pain for me. My amplifier
> that handles all video streams (dvd, mp3-box, vdr, video) can use either
> composite or s-video, and *all* connectors must be of the same type. As
> the Hauppauge doesn't give me s-video I'm forced to connect it directly to
> the TV instead of through the amp.

Actually, I've build a S-Video-cable from my v2.1 DVB-C card
(hauppage/technotrend). Picture quality is excellent. The v2.1 DVB-C card
has similar J2 connector as well as v1.x DVB-S cards (unlike v2.1 DVB-S).
I have to thank Niko T. for pointing this out.

You can build it by following these instructions:
http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/rgb.html
http://www.vdrportal.de/board/portal_vdrinfo.php?site=7&infonr=4&infoln=de&sid=d
8cd3cd33e0bf1080d6601934f44e89b

> I got mine from http://technikdirekt.de/ for 269?, but apparently
> http://usa-x.org/ is cheaper.

I bought mine from usa-x for 209 EUR. Delivery was quick, but paying was a
bit of pain (I had to register to paypal).