[vdr] Re: Suse 7.3 und Maxtor 200 GB

On 18 Jan 2003 tobias.meyer-janson@sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de (Tobias Meyer-Janson) wrote:

Hi,

> - 200 GB IDE HD controller 2 slave (new):

I wouldn't use a HD as slave. Let both HD be master and the DVD
slave.

> If I understand it right, I need a 48-bit-adressing kernel. How can I
> detect if this is the problem (I do not know if the Suse 7.3 2.4.10
> kernel supports this)? Also I want to use XFS for the new video

AFAIK 2.4.10 most certainly doesn't includes LBA48. I'm using
2.4.18 and I had to use the IDE-Patch to enable LBA48. Don't know
if the current kernel already includes it.
See: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/

I'm using LVM/ext3 so I cannot say anything about XFS.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan