[vdr] Re: Ot: Which DVD-Writer with what Recording Software to buy for VDR2DVD Transfer?

>Martin Elsner wrote:

>I planing to play a DVD Writer to archive my VDR recordings. All this
MP4 conversion takes to much time for me.
>Which standard the better one is is not set yet i think, but I do not
want to wait for eihter DVD-R or DVD+R to become the >standard.
>Currently I am looking at the new Pioneer Recorder. But which Software
is the best for putting VDR File on a DVD? (I am a >Windoze User for
everything else than VDR, so I would need Windoze Software ;-))

It doesn't matter which standard you use as long that you create a
DVD-RW
or DVD+RW or DVD-R or DVD+R disc which plays on the same drive
afterwards.
Just link the linux box with the winblows box to transfer the VDR files.
Any recordable DVD drive ships with software to use the drive.
Recordable drives are still rather slow but okay.. files are also very
big.

Pioneer is at the DVD-RW side.

But , the future of DVD+RW looks brighter then for DVD-RW but on the
other hand:
who says that they will ever reach a global standard?

as subject.