[vdr] Re: VCD plugin 0.0.4d

Matthias Raus schrieb:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> thanks a lot for turning my idea into reality, this was really fast! I
> tested it the as stated in the README with -P vcd -P"vcd
> --vcd=/dev/cdrecorder" and it works fine! Being able to use both drives
> with the plugin makes it quite comfortable to watch movies comprising
> more than 1 (S)VCD.
> Although it's OK for now, I don't think it's very beautiful to have two
> entries in the main menu for both drives. Instead you could show the
> selected drive in the VideoCD menu itself, i.e. you select VideoCD in
> the main menu and then see all the tracks listed from /dev/cdrom and
> /dev/..., for example:
>
> Track 01 00:00.00 12:34.56 PAL     /dev/cdrom
> Track 02 12:34.56 23:45.57 PAL     /dev/cdrom
> Track 03 23:45.67 55:55.55 PAL     /dev/cdrom
> Track 01 00:00.00 22:22.22 NTSC     /dev/cdrecorder
> Track 01 22:22.22 44:44.44 NTSC     /dev/cdrecorder
> Track 01 44:44.44 66:55.55 NTSC     /dev/cdrecorder
>
> This would be a very user friendly solution. In the head line, the
> current plugin shows VCD 1/1. Does this have any function? In the list
> above, this would have to be VCD 1/2, and if the user scrolls to a track
> from /dev/cdrecorder VCD 2/2.
>
> Please understand, I don't want to urge you in any way; I only want to
> tell you the ideas that come to my mind before I forget them, so don't
> take me too seriously... :-)

I understand... The current solution was just a quick hack, which
required just a few changes in the plugins main loop without affecting
the rest of the code. I need a closer look, to see how to implement the
more ergonomic and user friendly solution mentioned above ;-) and
estimate how deep these changes would have to go. Could also be a fine
idea to automagically replay 'albums' of two or more (S)VCDs placed over
the drives. This could become part of the still unimplemented
'playlists'.

Thomas