[vdr] vdr Verhalten bei /video0 /video1 ...

Hello!

I'm wondering how the behavior of vdr differs concerning /video0 versus
/video1. E. g. am I right, that vdr on /video1 does not only rename a
to-be-deleted directory to *.del, but copies/moves it to /video0?
   How about a timer recording to x_folder~subfolder~title? How about
manually created subdirectorys? Since I moved a recording /video1/xyz to
/video1/subdir/xyz I cannot get access via vdr files menu.

Should I better use LVM? I had no plans to do so, because I do not
really know much about the inside of linux.

Concerning this: Am I right that important information about vdr is in
the man pages? How do I get access to that or how do I install that
pages? If I call
    man vdr
I get
    gdbm fatal: read error
Other man pages seems to function normally.

TMJ