[vdr] Re: PCI Latecy and OSD?

--On den 28 januari 2003 19:21 +0100 alexw <alexw@undercover.mine.nu> wrote:

First I've changed the power supply. There is only the DVBs (rev 1.3)
card in one PCI slot.  Here are the result of my evening tests:

I am using a twin LNB on my dish. The first feed is connected to the
faulty PC the second one is connected to the working PC.
As I a few hours ago posted on the linux-dvb list I had similar
problems with my DVB-T card.
My current theory is that is related to the 12V feed, both
my power supply and my motherboard distribution seems to be a bit
weak on the 12V, and the DVB-T card seems to drink quite some
current there and also seems to be sensitive to fluctuations.

I could mitigate the problems by disconnecting a 12V fan from
the motherboard and adding some capacitors to the 12V pin on an
adjacent PCI card (I don't want to modify my TT card before I
have seen it work correctly at least once).
The problems not yet totally gone, though. I am thinking about
replacing the tuner voltage diod ladder thing and maybe
also the resistor+regulator thing with switching equivalents,
maybe fed from the 5V. Does anyone know what the
resistor+regulator feeds?

/ragge